Pages

Monday, August 12, 2019

Office Pet Peeve Week - Day 1

 


I am sure if you work in an office, if you are like me, you have quite a few Office Pet Peeves.  They are not major things in the scheme of life or in the scheme of work but they are just little things that happen over and over and really bug you...or at least bug me.

So I thought I would dedicate a week to them. I actually think I could write a book about them, but pretty sure no one would buy that - haha!!


Today's Pet Peeve happened before I even arrived at work for the day.

Last week, I had to set up separate, individual meetings with over 20 people....so 20 different meetings.

We are supposed to keep our calendars updated.  I set up meeting requests LAST Wednesday - WEDNESDAY!

Of course I checked everyone's calendar, and as you can imagine, it is tricky to schedule 20 meetings based on (a) each person's availability and (b) the meeting room's availability.  But I managed to schedule them over several days.

Friday night - at 8:30 pm (2 days after I had scheduled the meeting) - someone replies "I'm at a conference next week, can  you reschedule?"

Here is the a triple pet peeve.

1) Your calendar indicates that you are in the office all next week and that you even have a couple of meetings scheduled - how was I to know you were going to be out all week, if your calendar doesn't indicate that?

2) I set up the meeting Wednesday, yet you wait 2 days to tell me you are not available?  Rooms book up fast so if you told me 2 days ago, I may have been able to find a room, now I have to scramble to find one.

3) You notify me of this at 8:30 on a Friday night, when you know the office is closed, when you know you are going out of town Saturday morning and it is clearly outside of business hours.

UGH! 

So now I have to schedule the meeting again, work with the other 2 people that are in the meeting and adjust according to their schedules, and the room availability.....and all of this extra work for me could have been avoided very simply, if only you had just DONE YOUR JOB and had your calendar up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment