Pages

Sunday, March 26, 2023

Ice Cream Cozies

As mentioned in my previous post, my friend, Susan has been in town and Susan loves ice cream.  One night, while she was eating from the pint, I noticed her holding the pint with a dishtowel so I pulled out some scrap  yarn and made her an ice cream cozy.  

I found  a super easy pattern on THIS BLOG, that appears that the writer abandoned after only 10 posts, which is interesting since just a couple posts after the pattern post, she goes on about how her blog is going to be great and she's going to let loose on it...well, that didn't last...not sure why she abandoned it after only 10 posts.  I found another blog of her's, that she had prior to the one linked above and she abandoned it after 5 posts.  She seemed to have been a new mom, so probably life was just very busy...maybe she had more kids in the past 12 years since she last posted.  At any rate, I hope she is doing well.

Side Note:  I understand if people lose interest in blogging or no longer have the time, but I really wish they'd just add a final posts that says they are going to stop blogging for now...they don't even really have to give a reason, but it makes me sad when I have been following a blog (not this one, but many others) and they just stop for no apparent reason and you never read another post from them again.  If I ever decide to stop blogging, I will at least give a final goodbye post.  Not that I have many that even read or see my blog, but still...I would want to give it a proper ending.

I digress.  Anyway...here are is the Ice Cream Cozy I made her, using Peaches & Creme Cotton Yarn in Psychedelic.

 


She and one of her roommates often eat ice cream and watch TV together in the evening.  His favorite color is green so I made him one too, so she could take it back to him. This one was made with Sugar 'n Cream cotton yarn in Hot Green (which is one of my favorite colors of cotton yarn)

 

 Each one took less than 10 minutes to crochet - fun and quick project and a good way to use up small scraps of cotton yarn.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment