Pages

Wednesday, March 22, 2023

W.I.P. Wednesday - Virus Blanket # 2

 It has been a while since I've posted one of these.  

I heard that several Michael's stores had the older version of a Cricut Maker on clearance at a ridiculous price of like $24.00 (several photos have been posted on Facebook) so I had to pop in my local Michael's just in case...no luck - as I expected. 

However, my friend Susan was with me and fell in love with some yarn we saw.  On top of that it was sale!  She asked that if she bought it, would I crochet an afghan for her and I thought...I get to crochet and I don't have to buy the yarn - that is a big fat YES!

I showed her different patterns and she liked the Virus Blanket Pattern (so called because the pattern went viral when it was released).  I'm a lucky girl because I printed the pattern after it was first released and she released it for free.  Now it is $6. It is worth every penny though.  Jonna Martinez is a brilliant designer!

So I estimated, based on the other Virus Blanket I crocheted, that we would need 6 Caron Cakes.

The yarn is called Caron Cakes Cinnamon Swirls - I loved every color they had but she really, really loved this one.

 
So....I started the blanket and have finished the first 10 row...so far, it am liking it.  I really love this pattern too.  I need to preserve it in a sheet protector for safe keeping!
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment