Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Disney's The Princess & The Frog


I was so happy when I first heard of this movie and especially happy when I found out it was a hand-drawn film and not computer animated. Don't get me wrong, I love computer animation movies too (Toy Story, Shrek, etc) but... they are just not the same as hand-drawn movies.

This movie was cute, cute, cute ! I loved it - I wish it didn't have voo doo in it but it did take place in New Orleans and they had to have some magical way for the prince to turn into a frog. The characters were true Disney form and like most Disney movies at least one of the heroin's parents were dead - well not at the beginning but her dad did die, at least they handled it well and didn't show the means or make it overly sad and tramatic. One minute Tanina was a little girl and her dad was alive and the next scene she was grown up with a picture of her dad in a military uniform and you just kind of knew - handled very well.

The friends they meet along the way are funny and interesting - Raymond the lightening bug with the cajun accent provided quite a few good laughs (although he did have a somewhat sad tragic death but not drawn out). Louis the Gator (obviously a nod to Louis Armstrong) reminded me so much of Baloo from Disney's The Jungle Book (especially when he danced) - which is not too uncommon for Disney characters/scenes.

I really loved this movie (of course - it is DISNEY after all) - I highly recommend it - even if you don't have kids !

No comments:

Post a Comment