Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Dire Straits - Skateaway

Anyone that truly knows the real me, knows how much I love Dire Straits !  I've been a fan since 1979.  The first song I remember hearing is Sultans of Swing and fell in love with their sound.  Very different than the other songs (mostly disco) at the time.  I got their Makin' Movies Album (yes, ALBUM) and one of my fave songs became "Skateaway" !  I heard it on the way home today and remembered how much I loved that video so I had to look it up.

She is wearing the "latest" in music listening pleasure at the time - the Sony Walkman, the iPod of the 80s



TORO, TORO TAXI, SEE YOU TOMORROW MY SON


Sadly, I note that Jayzik Azikiwe, the beautiful lady in this video (whose father was the first president of Nigeria after it gained its freedom), died of cancer in January 2008, but her legacy as the Rollergirl will always live on.

No comments:

Post a Comment