Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Bernat - Mystery Crochet-A-Long 2012

On January 4th - I received an e-mail from Bernat saying they were going to have a Mystery Afghan Knit-a-Long (KAL) and Mystery Afghan Crochet-A-Long (CAL).  I've never done a "mystery" pattern before but wanted to do this last year when they had one but I just did not have the time.  Well.... it isn't like I have the time now either BUT I decided to give it a try.  I was really going to challenge myself and do the KAL because I need to work on my knitting speed but I didn't want to get frustrated (I think I need to know up front what the knitted item will look like before I start) so I decided to do the CAL.  One of the main reasons is because it is made using Bernat Waverly.

I have been wanting to get my hands on some Bernat Waverly yarn, since I first saw it.  The colors are BEAUTIFUL. As an added incentive, they had a 25% off coupon on the entire order.  I ordered

White, Mauve Glow, Fresh Flower, Princess and Greek Sea - aren't they lovely ??






I have other projects already started (I know, I know) but I think this will be an easy and fun project and I can hardly wait until February 15th, when we get the first clue !

2 comments:

  1. Ohh, really love the mauve glow :). And boy do I suffer from CADD too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks generationSue - I'll post some photos of clue 1 and 2 soon.

    ReplyDelete