Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Mini Pizza Bites


I was browsing through a Paula Deen magazine a few weeks ago and found a recipe for a min pizza appetizer like this.  It sounded kind of good so I stored it in the back of my brain until a later time. Note: I tweaked the recipe a little bit.

My brain is like a big filing cabinet up there - some of the drawers are very organized - such as the drawer that has all the 80s song lyrics in them.  I can pull those out and sing the lyrics to any New Wave song, regardless as to how many years have passed since I heard it.  ♫ Karma, Karma, Karma Chameleon ...

Some drawers are not organized quite as well.  The one that holds the recipes in my brain has them kind of shoved in the drawer and peeking out the top.  They are not necessarily in order but some are kind of grouped together.

Since it is getting close to SUPERBOWL time.  I decided to pull out some of those mini phyllo shell recipes that are stuff in the recipe drawer in my mind.  Here is one of them - more will follow in the coming days.


Mini Pizza Bites

2 packages Mini Fillo Shells
4 oz cream cheese, softened (1/2 block)
1 package of mini Pepperoni (or you can used diced pepperoni too)
1/2 cup Pizza sauce
1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 350.  Using a mixer, mix the cream cheese in a medium bowl until smooth, add Pepperoni, Mozzarella, Parmesan and Pizza Sauce.  Spoon into shells and bake for 15 - 20 minutes until golden and bubbly.

Okay, doesn't look too tasty here before cooking but......


They come out looking very good.

Eat them up - yummy, yum, yum


I think it would be even better to add a little bit of chopped black olives or maybe some mushrooms.  Will do that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment