Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Chicken Enchilada Quiche


Time for another recipe.  This was really good!  I got the recipe from Pillsbury's website.  I modified it (as I often do) but only slightly.


Ingredients
1 refrigerated deep-dish pie crust (I only use Pet Ritz)
4 eggs (luckily I had some fresh that my cousin Tammy's hens had laid)
1 cup milk
1 cup cooked chicken breast, shredded
1 cup broken tortilla chips (I used Tostitos Scoops)
2 cup Monterrey Jack cheese,grated
1 cup Pepper Jack, grated
1/2 cup chunky salsa
1 4.5 oz. can of chopped green chilies
pepper to taste
Sour Cream (optional)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350.  

In a bowl mix whisk together the eggs until well blended.  Add in milk, chips, cheeses, salsa, and green chilies.  Fold in the chicken.



Pour into pie crust.  Sprinkle with pepper.  Bake 55-65 minutes or until crust is gold brown and knife inserted into the center comes out clean.  Serve with sour cream and additional salsa if desired.


Verdict:  I thought it was pretty good and tasted a lot like chicken enchilada's - the only problem I had was it overfilled the pie crust.  I put aluminum foil on the shelf below (just in case) and was glad I did, because it did spill/cook over.  I think it does need the sour cream/salsa on the top because it is a little bit dry but it had a very good flavor...I will make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment