Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Taco Mac SquarePants


I can't believe I have not posted a recipe since April 2012!  Has it really been that long? 

I was wanting to try a new recipe so I decided the best place to look for one is to go through all those that I have bookmarked on Pinterest. So....I found a recipe I had pinned called Taco Mac Casserole, that is on Semi-Homemade Mom's blog.  Seeing that I profess to be better at making "semi-homemade" meals than Sandra Lee herself, I decided to give this recipe a go.

However, it kind of turned into something a bit different so I am posting my modified version here.  I re-named it......Taco Mac SquarePants - partly because of the pasta I used, partly because I didn't make a casserole (but rather a skillet dish) and partly because it just sounds more fun to eat Taco Mac SquarePants.
(Notice the SpongeBob SquarePants Mac-N-Cheese?)



Taco Mac SquarePants

1 pound ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning (I like Wick Fowler's)
2/3 cup water
4 tablespoons butter (can use margarine instead but I like the real stuff)
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup sour cream
6 oz Sargento's Fancy Shredded 4-Cheese Mexican Cheese (or whatever cheese you like)
1/2 cup salsa

1) Cook ground beef in a skillet until all brown - drain grease.  Add the water and taco seasoning and stir to blend well.  Set to low heat.

2) While the ground beef is cooking, prepare the Macaroni and Cheese according to the directions on the package, using the butter and milk.

3) When the mac-n-cheese is done, add the sour cream and mix well,  then add 4 oz (1 cup) of the cheese (reserve some to put on top) and add the salsa.  I only added about 1/4 cup because I didn't want it too spicy and I am not a huge salsa fan.  Blend until cheese is melted and all ingredients are mixed together.



4) Add the mac-n-cheese mixture to the seasoned ground beef mixture and carefully stir until well blended.

5) Serve in a bowl topped with extra sour cream, shredded cheese and salsa (if desired).
   


1 comment: