Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

52 Weeks of Genealogy - Week 1

Okay, so I was browsing Pinterest and came across this blog - Teach Me Genealogy.

I love it and the blogger has posted each week a "lesson" for lack of a better word, I wish I had found this at the first of the year but it isn't too late to start.  I will just try to catch up by posting daily until I am caught up to the same week the blogger is on.

Week 1 - How Did You Get Your Name?

When my mom was pregnant with me, she was trying to come up with boy and girl names (back in those days you didn't normally do ultrasounds so you didn't know the gender of your baby in advance).

She was watching the Elvis movie - Love Me Tender and Debra Paget was in it (she was Elvis' first leading lady).  My mom liked the way Debra was spelled and decided that would be a great name if she had a girl.



I don't really know where she got my middle name but I think she said she liked the way it sounded with Debra (my middle name is NOT Ann as most people guess it to be).  It is a common name though but spelled a bit different, in fact, I don't think I have ever seen it spelled the way my middle name is spelled and I really like the spelling.

Since Debra was a movie star, I attribute my love for movies to be because of my namesake


I often wondered, if I had been a boy, would my name have been Elvis - (that wouldn't have been too bad either) !



No comments:

Post a Comment