Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

John Candy - One In a Million

Today, March 4, 2014 marks 20 years since John Candy passed away.  I loved him, still do.  I was so sad when he died.  He is in so many of my all time favorite movies.

Splash - I've seen it so many times, I can quote it.  He played Freddie, the brother of the male lead, Allen, played by Tom Hanks.


He had a small part at the end of Vacation, with Chevy Chase - as the security guard of Wally World


He played Barf in Spaceballs, The Movie - I LOVE this movie! He was a MOG -  "Half Man, Half Dog"
He was his own best friend. 


He was the lovable Gus Polinski in Home Alone (one of the best Christmas movies ever!)


And who could forget Neil Griffith's hands being between two pillows. . . in Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Wait...THOSE AREN'T PILLOWS !!!!


Speaking of Planes, Trains and Automobiles, one of my favorite and most memorial movies scenes has John 'Doing the Mess Around"


Of course, he was in a TON of movies - too many to mention here.  I think I just loved him because he seemed like a friend.  He seemed like a nice guy that you'd like to know.  His characters were sometimes meant to annoy the other characters but yet he usually had a soft loveable, sweet side.

He was only 43 when he died of a heart attack.  FORTY-THREE !!! Too young - younger than I am now.  I sure miss seeing new movies from him - he was one in a million and even now...20 years after his passing, I still miss him.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment