Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Literary Junkies

I've mentioned before that while I am not officially a Literary Junkie, I enjoy the prompts that my fellow blogger, Jen over at It's My Life shares and I have borrowed the questions from her before and I am doing that again today.  Thanks Jen!

1.  What are you reading?
Proof of Heaven, A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife by Eben Alexander
I got it because Marie Osmond recommended it (seriously).  I gave it to my friend, Susan, to read first but she said she couldn't get into so returned it to me - I'm enjoying it so far but haven't gotten to the "Heaven" part yet.



2. Library or bookstore
Bookstore.  I love libraries but get frustrated with books being checked out or on a HUGE wait list.


3. What books have your read and re-read several times?
Gone With The Wind - I've read twice and the first 3 Harry Potter books (want to re-read them all).  Since I don't have a lot of "reading time" - I don't typically re-read many books because I have so many new ones I want to read.

4. What is the first book that made you fall in love with reading?
I can't list one - I have two.  When I was young, I read "The Boxcar Children" and that made me start loving books but as I grew up, I lost interest in reading - I only read when I HAD to for school so I didn't really read by choice from about age 12 until about age 28.


When I was 28, I was in a Calculus class and had this very chatty guy who sat next to me - nice guy and was close to my age (courses were at night).  He had just finished a book and said to me "I just finished this book, it was great, you HAVE to read it" and he gave it to me.  It was a paperback book and as I found out later, it was issued that way because I publisher wouldn't invest the money in a hard cover book for this new author - John Grisham.  The book was "The Firm".  I told the guy "okay" and decided to voluntarily read a book which I hadn't done since I was a kid.  Oh my goodness....I could not put it down, I then gave it to my mom and she couldn't put it down.  I've liked to read ever since then.  So thanks to that guy in my Calculus class - whose name I can't remember - for getting me back into reading.


5. Who's your favorite author? John Grisham, of course.  I have read all of his books (except for the Theodore Boone series) !!




1 comment: