Pages

Sunday, January 28, 2018

The Ghost & Mrs. Muir - Crochet Goodness

One of my favorite movies is The Ghost and Mrs. Muir.  Today is a rainy and cold day and a perfect day to snuggle up with some yarn in my hand and work on an afghan and watch a nice classic black and white movie.

While watching, I remembered that this movie has some crochet goodness in it.  The widowed Mrs. Muir has a lady that lives with her, Martha, and helps her with the house and her daughter, Anna (play the super cute Natalie Wood). 

In a few places during the movie, Martha covers Mrs. Muir up with a crochet blanket - they are 2 different granny square blankets - one made of many smaller granny squares and one made of just one large granny.  They are both super lovely.



I love the beauty of this black and white film but I wish there were still shots of these scenes in color so I could see what color these crochet afghans were in real life - don't you know they are beautiful?

This just goes to show that a classic granny square blanket NEVER goes out of style.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment