Pages

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Yorkie Cross Stitch - Beginning

I didn't post a photo yesterday because...well as I said, I haven't made much progress but I wanted to document that I had actually begun the project so thought I would post a photo after all.

As you can see, I use a lovely magnifier that looks kind of like this to help me see better (it even has a handy dandy light - really helps).  I believe I purchased it at Michael's Arts & Crafts and used a 40% off coupon (love my 40% off coupons)


So here is my progress so far (photo taken through the magnifier)


So you can see that I have started - so far, I have worked on it 2 mornings (about 15 - 30 min each morning) before work - something I rarely do since I generally save crafting time for the evening as a wind-down but I was just ready to get started and this was the time I had available so I started.

Doesn't look like much so far, huh?  I still need to buy many of the colors of floss (I only have a few skeins of floss) so once I buy those (which hopefully will be today), then I will be able to add a few more colors - it will take a while before it finally starts looking like something but I am just glad I started.


Note:  I did a rough estimate and based on the size of the cross stitch pattern grid - there are roughly 24,000 stitches in this pattern - I told you it was huge.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment