Pages

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

W.I.P. Wednesday (kind of)

I have no photos to post today.  I have been working on a project - it is for a challenge to design an Instant Pot cover.  I have never designed anything before so this is quite a challenge for me.  I have started, undone, and re-started. 

I have decided that if it comes out the way it is supposed to (in my mind's eye), then I will post it here and submit it to the contest.  We shall see. 

I haven't really had much time for crafting the past 2 or 3 weeks since I have been ill.  I am feeling better but still not up to snuff yet.  I've done a lot of sleeping and medicating over the past couple of weeks.

You know, I am so envious of some folks on Ravelry and on some of my crochet Facebook groups because it seems like so many of those ladies have all the time in the world and I suppose a lot of them do.  I often feel that I am the only crafter in the world with a full time job.  I know that isn't the case but it seems that way when I am browsing these groups.

Someone will start and afghan and 4 days later they are done.  Well, I could be too if all I had to do was sit at home, watch TV and crochet.  Alas, that isn't my life.

My typical day
Get up at 5:30 am
Get ready and drive to work
Arrive at work approx 7 am
Work until noon
12pm-1pm Lunch Break
7pm - 8 pm End of work day
8:30ish pm - Arrive home, go through  mail, fix and eat dinner, call mom, return friend's call.
9:00pm - 9:30pm - relaxing time - this is the time I can generally start watching TV and crafting
11pm - Bedtime (generally - sometimes a little later)

So basically I have about 1 1/2 - 2 hours a day where I can craft, that is if I am not too tired and I have the energy/mojo. 

The weekends are spent either working (I often work on Saturday), cleaning house, doing laundry, grocery shopping, church activites, etc. 

I like my job and I am grateful for it.  It is just a little  disheartening when you see others have a lot of time to crochet/knit/etc and they don't have to work (or they work maybe 4 hours a day).  I guess one day I will retire and then perhaps, I will have the time.




No comments:

Post a Comment