Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2008

First Completed 2008 Project

I have so many crochet and knit projects that I want to do. In the knitting/crochet world these are referred to as either a WIM or a WIP.

WIM = Works In Mind are the projects that are on your "to do" list. These are the things you probably already have the pattern for and in some cases have even bought the associated yarn to complete it. Sometimes it is just things hanging in the back of your mind.

I have several WIMs - a ribbon scarf, a purse, a baby afghan, a ballband dishcloth (well there are few dishcloths I have in mind actually) and a cross-stitch project.

WIP = Works in Progress are projects that you have actually started. I try and usually I only have one WIP at a time. But, right now I have too many going on. Until yesterday, I had a feather & fan dishcloth in progress, two scarfs, a cross stitch project, a crochet afghan and a knit afghan. The knit afghan is part of a Knit-A-Long (KAL) and basically I only knit a few squares a month and will join into one afghan at the end of the year. That will be an on-going project this year.

However, I can do something about the other ones that are started but not completed. So, other than the knit squares, I decided that it is time I finish all of my WIPs before they totally get out of control.

So, here is the first one. It is a Feather & Fan Dishcloth. It was a little scary for me at first because it is the first thing I made that wasn't your basic knit and purl - it had decreases and yarn overs but really, it wasn't that hard. I'm happy to say that I have one WIP done with 4 more to go.



1 comment: