Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Rescuing Sprite


I just finished reading Mark Levin's book "Rescuing Sprite". If you have ever loved and lost a dog, then you should read this book. It will really touch you.

Once you've had a special dog in your life and you are the only person responsible for his protection and care, you form a bond that can never be broken.

You and your dog love each other, unconditionally, and you would do anything for his happiness and well-being.

There is so much in this book that I could relate to, there were times when I was smiling and times when I was crying. I received this book as a Christmas gift and I was a little nervous about reading it (although I wanted it) because I was afraid of the emotions it would stir up.

It did stir up some bad memories, but it also stirred up some good ones too. Anyone that has ever had a dog as a member of their family will be able to relate to this book.

1 comment:

  1. I had a basset hound named Louis growing up. I would love to have another dog someday---when the kids aren't all over the place.

    dog stories make me cry, too.
    xox
    steph

    ReplyDelete