I have been making these since 2002 ! (Gee, had no idea it was 10 years ago that I first made these). I found the recipe on Allrecipes.com and over time have tweaked it quite a bit (the first review of this recipes on Allrecipes.com was left by me)
It is my favorite of these 3 Mini Fillo Cup recipes (probably because I've been making it the longest, the other 2 recipes are fairly new to my recipe box).
Spicy Crabby Shells
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 20 drops hot pepper sauce (more or less to taste) - I like Texas Pete's
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained and flaked (can substitute 1 can crab meat for 1 can drained shrimp)
- 2 packages mini phyllo tart shells
- Old Savannah Seafood Seasoning, Old Bay Seasoning, or Paprika
Preheat oven to 400º Line baking sheet with foil or parchment paper
In medium bowl, mix together mayo, Parmesan cheese, Swiss Cheese, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce (I like it spicy so probably put more than 20 drops in - you might want to try 10 drops the first time you make it and then adjust up or down the next time)
Fold in crab meat (can substitute one can of crab for 1 can of tiny salad shrimp, I just prefer all crab).
Place Fillo shells on banking sheet and fill each one with seafood mixture. Sprinkle with Old Savannah Seafood Seasoning (my preference) or Old Bay or Paprika.
Place in oven and bake at 400º for 10 - 15 minutes, until golden and bubbly. Cool slightly before serving. That that is some good eatin' right there !!
Note: because of the amount of mayo and cheese in this, it can be a tiny bit on the greasy side (especially when re-heated) so you may want to reduce the mayo a little or you could use lower fat mayo and cheese.