Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Ethics

Ethics Definition:
1.  ethics
a. A set of principles of right conduct.
b. A theory or a system of moral values: "An ethic of service is at war with a craving for gain" (Gregg Easterbrook).
2. ethics (used with a sing. verb) The study of the general nature of morals and of the specific moral choices to be made by a person; moral philosophy.
3. ethics (used with a sing. or pl. verb) The rules or standards governing the conduct of a person or the members of a profession.
I have a high standard of ethics - some folks, not so much.  It makes it very hard somedays.  My values may be considered 'old-fashioned' sometimes.  Some people may think I am a party-pooper or a stick-in-the-mud.
But I believe in a higher power.  I believe that the Lord wants us to have a high standard of morals and ethics.  I believe in fairness and being equal to everyone I know.  I look at myself everyday in the mirror and while I may not always make the best choices - I make the choices that I believe are right, moral and ethical.  

I wish everyone did.

No comments:

Post a Comment