I used to post a listing of monthly movies that I have watched - that were new to me.
I haven't done that in a while because of various factors, I just wasn't up to seeing movies much, let alone blogging about them but...I have seen a few movies this month so thought I would share
1) Star Wars: Rouge One - my first movie of 2017. What did I think? It was great! I loved how it explained why the Death Star had that little flaw in the center of it and how Princess Leia got a hold of that information. Plus, the special effects, story and acting was all great!
2) Guardians of the Galaxy - I know this movie is a few years old but a sequel is coming out later this year and I have heard so many good things about this movie so thought I would watch it. I enjoyed it a lot. Tons of action and lots of unexpected humor. Looking forward to the sequel.
3) Miss Peregrin's Home for Peculiar Children - I wanted to see this movie when it first came out, but never got around to it. I'm kind of glad of that. It was just ok to me. A little slow in the beginning. I liked it but glad I didn't pay full price to go see it.
4) Florence Foster Jenkins - so good. As I have mentioned several times on this blog, I love Meryl Streep and almost always see a new movie of hers in January (seems like her movies are always around Nov - Feb time). She was so good in this movie - funny but sweet. Hugh Grant did a good job too and showed off a few dance moves. Great costumes too - I am sure they will win for costume design when Oscar time rolls around.
5) Eddie the Eagle - I wanted to see this movie when it was initially released too but again, never did. I am kind of glad because although I thought it was a really good movie, with a really good story, I was fine waiting for it to be on HBO. It was a true story and was very inspirational.
6) Jack Reacher - again, wanted to see it on the big screen but didn't and this one ... I wish I had. WOW! Great movie, but then again I love Tom Cruise movies - LOVE THEM! This movie was so action packed and also unexpectedly funny at times. Can't wait to see the sequel!
7) Taken & Taken 2 - I'm putting these together since I watched them back to back and they were basically the same movie with different angles. Both were really good - I want to see Taken 3 now and there is a new show coming on at the end of February. I will watch it - I love action movies.
8) Because I Said So - I went to donate blood and they said they really needed platets and could I take the time do that instead. I had never donated platelets before but since they had a greater need and I had time, I decided to do so (turned out that I didn't do well - I almost passed out when it was over and 3 people had to come rush over to help get me back - it was a bit scary there for a bit). But...since it takes about 2 hours to donate, they let you pick out a DVD to watch. So, I picked out this movie. I enjoyed it - I'm not really a fan of Diane Keaton's because I don't think she is that great of an actress and can be super silly but she was okay in this and I liked the story pretty good - it was entertaining while I laid there with needles stuck in both arms for 2 hours.
9) The Founder - about Ray Kroc, the "Founder" of McDonald's starring Michael Keaton. I've always loved Michael Keaton and this movie looked good and interesting and so my sis and I went to see it on a Sunday afternoon. It was very good. A great story that was very eye opening. McDonald's Corporation isn't the fast food chain, per se, but it is really a real estate holdings company. I highly recommend it - it will make you look at the Golden Arches in a different way.