Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2017

W.I.P. Wednesday

Well...today is Thursday but I never got around to posting yesterday.

I haven't started the One-Skein Scarf yet because I was making hats last week.  I finished the 2 that a Refupea asked me make for her. 

Both are Messy Bun Hats.  I like the swirly way that the brown/black hat came out.



Then...a friend of mine asked for a Chunky Messy Bun Hat with a Bow on the back - personally, I didn't like this hat.  I'm not a fan of the bow (which I made removable) and I am not a fan of Chunky but I made it for her and she loved it.  It looked a bit plain to me and since she loves pink, I freehanded a pink/white removable flower for it.





I am currently knitting some hats for the Woman's March that is happening this weekend.  My local yarn store has had a barage of calls from women wanting this hat so many have volunteered to make them.  I am knitting them but you can crochet or sew fleece ones.  Even Amy Carter (former President Jimmy Carter's daughter) brought some fleece ones into the yarn shop that she made.  Notice the little note that she pinned to each one.  (Click on photo to enlarge)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment