Pages

Friday, January 6, 2017

Messy Bun Hats

About a month ago, I started to see all these posts on facebook about a "Messy Bun Hat".  Seems like for some reason, they suddenly become super popular and highly in demand.  These used to be called "Ponytail Hats" - basically, they are a hat with a hole in the top for your ponytail (or your messy bun) to poke through.

Since I have short hair, I've never been interested in making one of these.

However, due to its Facebook popularity, my friend Katie, sent me a message with a picture of one and asked if I could make her one, in baby blue.  So, I found a pattern over on Amy's Crochet Patterns and I liked this one in particular because it included the strength of incorporating the ponytail hold in the hat.

So - I made my friend a hat in baby blue, as requested.  Her she is...





She seemed pretty pleased with it.  Then a few days later, there was a refupea on the 2Peas Refugees board stating that she wanted one and where could she buy one and I told her I could make one for.  I asked for her color choice a couple of times but when she would reply, she never would give me a color so I just selected a couple of neutral colors and made 2 of them for her.







I hope she liked them.  I haven't heard back from her yet, but it appears she doesn't check the boards that often.  Hopefully I will hear something from her soon. 

While making these, my friend Susan was in town and wanted me to make her a hat with one of the yarns without the hole - because she has short hair.  So I made her one using the Boy Beanie pattern in the Stitch N' B*tch Crochet: The Happy Hooker book.  She loved it !


So here it is, just 6 days into the new year and I've already made 4 hats!  We are supposed to be getting some snow over the weekend so I suspect I will be setting on my couch, wrapped up in a cozy afghan and crocheting on another afghan. 

Maybe you will see a posting of my work in progress next Wednesday😃

I hope you have a nice and warm weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment