Pages

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Happy Independence Day!!



I have seen these floating around on Pinterest.  I have wanted to try them before because they are festive and they look pretty yummy.

Our church was having a picnic this past Sunday - a Family Reunion of sorts!  I was to bring a dessert but I wanted something somewhat healthy and my sister suggested these and I thought that was a perfect idea!

Very simple to make - 3 ingredients


1 package of Vanilla (white chocolate) melting chocolate - I used CandiQuik because it comes with a little tray that makes it easier to melt in the microwave.

2 dozen strawberries (washed)

1 bottle of blue sugar (I used Wilton's, which I got from Michael's Arts & Crafts)

Wash and dry the strawberries


Melt the white chocolate for 60 seconds and stir (don't overheat or you will ruin the chocolate)
Dip a strawberry into the white chocolate (shake off excess)



Then sprinkle the tip with blue sugar (hold it over a bowl or plate so when you are done, you can put the extra sugar back into the bottle).

Place them on parchment paper to let them dry.


Once they are dry, you can put them in cute little paper cups (also purchased at Michael's) but you don't have to do that - I just thought it made them more festive...




They were a hit!  Very pretty and tasty.  I even made another batch and took them to work on July 3rd

 
The whole process took less than an hour - totally worth it!  Have a safe and happy July 4th!



No comments:

Post a Comment