Pages

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

W.I.P. Wednesday

There is something seriously, seriously wrong with me when it comes to crafting projects.  You may recall that I have already mentioned that I have a few Works-In-Progress (WIPs) already...I have even more Works-In-Mind (WIMs as I like to call them, which are projects that I have in my queue that I want to make).

So...why is it that when I received an invitation to join a knitted dishcloth swap, I said "Sure, I'm in!!"

First of all....this is a very busy time of year for me (at work) so I really don't have time for knitting/crocheting

Secondly....I already have a few projects on my needles and hooks.

What was I thinking?  Well...I know what I was thinking.  I was part of this swap last year and I had so much fun.  I made 5 different dishcloths using the same pattern but different colors.  I had fun and learned some new skills.  Here is a photo from some of the ones I made last year.


Then I got 5 different ones back - all colors and different patterns and styles.  I loved getting them from my fellow knitters/crocheters.  Since I enjoyed that so much, I thought why not?  Right?  Life is short and knitting/crocheting relaxes me in the evenings after a hectic day...it gives me something to look forward to.

So, this year, I decided to try a pattern that has always intrigued me...the 1900 House Dishcloth.
I had to frog it and re-start a couple of times because both times I messed up my knits and purls around row 48 somewhere but...I think I have it now and I am currently on row 58 and all seems to be going well.  It is hard to see the detail in this photo so when I have all 5 finished, I will post a photo of them all.  


I suppose when they are all done, THEN I can get back to my other projects (already in progress)

No comments:

Post a Comment