Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2018

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks - Weeks 8 & 9


I had a family emergency last week which required me to go out of state, so wasn't able to post to my blog.  Which was okay because Week 8's prompt was "Heirloom".

I don't really have any Heirlooms.  My mother is not a "sentimental" type of person and doesn't keep a lot of "things".  My dad was a bit more sentimental and I did have some things of his, like his army medals but sadly, they are now gone (a story that I would rather not get into).

So I am skipping right into Week 9 - "Where there is a Will"

I have found will's to be helpful when doing family research.  The one I found most helpful was the will of Ezekiel Slaughter, my 5th Great Grandfather (1727 - 1792). 

Thanks to this will, which was recorded in Will Book A, Green County, Georgia, page 192
21 Aug 1792, I was able to find out a lot about the Slaughter family.  I discovered the names of all 11 of his children, his wife, his son-in-laws and the location of his properly. 

It opened up so much for me!!  It can be hard to find will information sometimes but if you dig and locate it - you will hit jackpot most of the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment