Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

W.I.P. Wednesday - Virus Blanket

As mentioned last week, I haven't had a lot of crafting time lately.  I am actually a little envious of those that seem to have a lot of time to do so but at the same time...I am so grateful for my busy life, my job, my family, my friends, my church, etc.  While my life is busy and doesn't leave much time for crafting - it is a good kind of busy so I am not complaining...

So...over the weekend, I did have a little time to work on my Virus Blanket (so named because the pattern went "Viral" but honestly, I don't like the name because it reminds me of having a cold).  I wonder if the designer now wishes that she would have called it something else - haha!

Anyway...I am using Caron Cakes in the Rainbow Sprinkles colorway.  I bought 6 cakes and decided that I would use all 6 for this afghan and whatever size it ended up being, then I would be happy with that and I think I will be.



Currently, after 4 cakes, it is 52" x 52" and I am hoping that it will at least be 60" x 60" when I am all done.  I have noticed with this yarn that there seems to be more orange/red than blue/green.  At least it seems that way to  me.  It seems like I only crochet a little blue, a little green and seems like I crochet with red and orange a lot!

I'm happy with it so far - I'll be glad to see it all finished, which hopefully will be soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment