Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

W.I.P. Wednesday

As I mentioned last week, I finished one of my Works-In-Progress.
I have 2 more and I am making a lot of head-way on one of them.  It is a knitted shawl.

I  started this last April and then set it aside because work got too busy and then I was working on
other crafty projects....but as I have said before, this is the year that I intend to complete my WIPs

I am slower at knitting than I am at crocheting so this is taking me a bit longer
but I am impresses with my progress so far.



I am calling it the "Lady Mary" shawl.  I am making it for my mother, whose  name is Mary and she is a fan of Downton Abbey and I am using Downton Abbey yarn (as you can see).  I really like this yarn a lot but sadly, I have found out recently that the "Matthew" line has been discontinued so I am glad I bought it when I did and in the color I wanted (Birch White).

I have 5 skeins and I am almost through the 2nd skein and it is about 50 inches long.  It it supposed to be 72 inches before blocking it.  I will see how long it is after 2 or 2 1/2 skeins because I would love to make another one and hopefully will have enough yarn left over to do so.

I admit there are a few mistakes in this shawl but I hope that after it is blocked, it won't be too noticeable.   I really  need to practice my knitting skills a bit more.  I want to increase my speed and be able to knit more difficult patterns.  I see larger projects that I would love to do but right now, I am still a bit intimidated to take on a large knitting project (I've mostly done hats, dishcloths, fingerless gloves and mittens).

So I will continue to work away on this shawl for a bit and hope to finish up by the end of the month - we shall see.



No comments:

Post a Comment