Pages

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

W.I.P. Wednesday

There are 3 WIP's that I have set aside for now.

1) Enormous Around the World Crochet Quilt
2) Virus Blanket
3) Baby Granny Square Blanket

I set those aside to make crochet squares for someone on Ravelry.  She has a 10-year daughter with Autism and her daughter loves the show "Call the Midwife" (as do I).  Her daughter wants a blanket like the ones that the nuns and mid-wives made for Chummy.  This person knits and doesn't crochet so she asked if people would donate 5-inch squares and she would sew them together. 


I bought 6 different vintage-type colors of Loops and Threads Color Wheel yarn (I am in love with this yarn) and just made as many as I could until the yarn was used up.

I ended up with 20 (5-inch) squares.  I can't wait to see the finished blanket and I hope she posts a photo of it, as requested.



Then I decided to work on a knitted shawl.  I am hoping to finish this before Mother's day and at first I thought...no way will I do that.

I can crochet up a storm but knitting is a slower process for me and I have never knitted a lace project nor have I knitted a big project...however, how will improve my skills unless I practice, right?

So, I decided to make my mom the Edith Shawl.  I've wanted to knit this for a while and at first didn't think my mom would actually use a shawl (still not sure she will) but every time I visit her church, it is always so cold in there so I thought she could take it with her to church and use it there.

Of course the suggested yarn for this pattern has been discontinued (grr!) so I found some lovely Downton Abbey Yarn to use in its place.

I have thought (and sometimes still do) that I will not finish this in time for Mother's Day - I actually have to finish by May 6th because my mom will be in town that week before Mother's Day.

I thought this because for the first 6 rows, I must have frogged it about 10 times or MORE!  But then I finally finished my first pattern repeat (there are 8 rows repeated multi times).


I doesn't look like much but that was a big accomplishment for me!  Since then, I have completed 7 pattern repeats and I seem to be on a roll now.   I am sure there are some  mistakes in there because my count was off on a few rows but I just adjusted and went with it...  It is starting to take shape but isn't as wide as I would like..but I hope that after blocking, it will be just right.

I'll post an update next week.  Until then...happy knitting!


No comments:

Post a Comment