Pages

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Music-Filled Weekend - Part Two

As I mentioned yesterday, my friend Susan was in town and we went to a couple of concerts over the weekend.

First let me say that the weather was about as perfect as it could be - perfect temperature, no humidity, just absolutely beautiful, which is great that our Saturday night concert was outside.

We saw Duran Duran and we had AWESOME seats - near the front.  Again, we had seen Duran Duran before, back in the 80s but let me tell you - it as if no time had passed.  They have so much energy and were so interactive with the crowd.  I kid you not - we stood up when they came onstage and never sat down - danced the entire time.

They had a spectacular light show, effects and giant confetti cannons.  During the encore, they tossed out GIANT beach balls.  They really know how to give a show. 

And talk about hits - wow!!!  Only the 3 songs that were off their latest CD, Paper Gods, may not have been known by all but all the other songs....AWESOME!!! 

They didn't sing my favorite (The Chauffer) but I didn't expect it since it wasn't a Top 40 hit.  And they didn't sing "The Reflex", which I was sort of expecting.  However, they did sing "Careless Memories" which was a total surprise!! 

They sang my 2nd and 3rd favorites though - Planet Earth (which they added with a tribute to David Bowie) and Save a Prayer. 

I am still on a high from this show.  It was INCREDIBLE !!  They played for about 2 1/2 hours.

I did take more (and better) photos at this show because (a) it was outside and (b) I brought a regular camera.  I'm not posting all the photos here but here were some of my faves.

If you click on the photo - you can enlarge it and see it a bit better.




























Here is the set list.  As you can see - totally awesome!!!

Duran Duran - April 8th - Chastain Park Amphitheater

Paper Gods
Wild Boys
Hungry Like the Wolf
A View to a Kill
Last Night in the City
Come Undone
Only in Dreams
Is There Something I Should Know?
Notorious
Pressure Off
Planet Earth / Space Oddity
Careless Memories
Ordinary World
I Don't Want Your Love
White Lines (Don't Do It)
Reach Up for the Sunrise 
New Moon on Monday
Girls on Film
Encore:
Save a Prayer
Rio

No comments:

Post a Comment