Thank you to Jen at It's My Life for her Liebster Award nomination. Wow! Totally an unexpected surprise. How exiting!! This award is for bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
This is how it works:
You start by being nominated by a fellow blogger who likes what you have been posting (so sweet)
Then you tell 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions.
You then get to nominate 11 fellow bloggers and give them 11 questions to answer.
Here are 11 Random Facts about me
1. I wanted to be a vet when I grew up, until my brother reminded me that sometimes animals get hit by cars. I couldn't handle that.
2. I don't like shoes - I would go barefoot all the time if I could.
3. I was an extra in the movie "The Slugger's Wife" but good luck finding me. I was part of the Stadium crowd.
4. The first man I ever kissed was Duke's of Hazzard star, John Schneider. He was 19, I was 16.
5. My favorite town that I've visited is San Francisco.
6. My favorite classic Disney character is Goofy.
7. I cannot whistle due to a short lingual frenulum.
8. I've seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show over 200 times.
9. Both of my ears are pierce three times.
10. I have taken and kept a photo every day of my life for the past 5 years (and am starting on the 6th year).
11. My favorite dessert is Crème Brûlée.
Here are the answers to the 11 Questions Jen left for me:
1. Why do you blog? I started because when I joined the knitting community of Ravelry, everyone seemed to have a blog and it was a way for people to share, so I started one too but now it is just more for a creative outlet and a way to share some recipes and crafty projects and such.
2. What is your highlight(s) of 2013? There were many good things in 2013 but I think my highlight was getting to finally meet my great niece in person. She was born in New Zealand in November 2012 and I finally got to see her and hold her in December 2013.
3. What hobbies do you have? How much time do you have? Let's see....I like to crochet, knit, cross-stitch, scrapbook, take photos, travel....I'm sure there are more I didn't mention.
4. What is your favorite dessert? Haha - I put that under my random things before I saw this question - it is Crème Brûlée
5. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? England
6. Did you have any pets growing up? Yes, cat named Fuzzy, cat named Sox, dog named Bandit, dog named Minnie (had others after that but those are the ones we had when I was growing up)
7. What is your favorite thing about yourself? That I'm loyal.
8. Do you like sports? If so, who do you cheer for? I like sports but not a fanatic about any. I root for the home teams - Atlanta Falcons, Atlanta Braves but I also root for the Miami Dolphins and Alabama Crimson Tide.
9. What is your favorite season of the year? Why? Autumn, I love the cooler temperatures, all the colors of the trees, all the Fall Festivals and the smells of the season (pumpkin, cinnamon, etc)
10. Do you have a piece of jewelry you wear everyday? No, I don't wear much jewelry at all.
11. Name 3 things on your life bucket list. To go to England, To see the Statue of Liberty, To see the Alamo.
Those were some great questions! Now here are my nominees:
Linda at Grandma's Vintage Recipes
Thomasina at Thomasina's Nine Lives & Times
Rollerscraper at Roller Scrapper
Chenelle at The Tall Girl Cooks
Stephanie at StefStyle
Staci at The Black Butterfly
Sukigirl at Sukigirl
Beadknitter at Beadknitter Gallery
Aimee Marie at The Maine Page Turner
Minna at Where I'm Me
Bev at Bev's Country Cottage
My questions for you are:
1. Where is your favorite vacation spot?
2. If you could go back in time, what year or even would you pick?
3. Have you ever ridden on a motorcycle?
4. Do you have any tattoos? If so what are they?
5. What is your favorite pizza topping?
6. Where did you go on your very first date?
7. What is your favorite day of the week? Why?
8. What skill do you wish you had?
9. What is your most inspirational quote?
10. Do you wear perfume daily?
11. Do you prefer the beach or the mountains?
Thanks again Jen for the Liebster Award !