Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

My Office - Day 2

Around my workplace, most of the guest chairs in all the offices are the same (because the previous boss liked consistency) - Generally, I am the same and like consistency.  However, there is one thing that is different in my office from the others...my guest chairs.

There are a couple of reasons for this.

1) I like these chairs a lot...they are just the right size - my feet touch the floor perfectly, the width is comfortable and the back is high and supportive.

2) They remind me of my former boss (CFO).

My former Chief Finance Officer was a great guy, he felt like a brother to me and I just thought the world of him.  He used to be the Budget Manager but was  promoted when his predecessor left to go to another agency.

Eventually, he decided to make the office his own and got some new furniture. He asked if I wanted the guest chairs that were in his office and of course I said yes!  They are beautiful and comfortable and they remind me of him.

When we all got new (consistent) guest chairs, I asked to keep these and was able to....whenever I look at them, I think of my former CFO and my friend (who has since moved on to other things) and it makes me smile.

I miss him a lot but I still have a memento to remind me of him.



No comments:

Post a Comment