Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2018

My Office - Day 3

I have a couple of pieces of art in my office and I love them both (otherwise I would have them, right?)

The first one has a kind of funny story to it.  About 20 years ago, my sister started working at a new company and in their office space, was this painting.  It is hand painted but someone named "Hill"

I believe it was there when they moved into the office space and no one at her company liked it AT ALL...they disliked it so much they put it in an empty office and it was just propped up on the floor against a wall (turned facing the wall). 

When I went to see my sister's new office, she was giving me the tour and I saw this and picked it up.  I said "Why is this beautiful painting sitting here - it should be hanging up for all to see".  She said "You LIKE that?"  I said "Yes", she said "Well, you can have it!!"

I was thrilled!  I guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.  I loved the colors and the scene - it makes me feel like I am in Greece or Italy walking along the edge of the Mediterranean Sea.

I promptly took it to work and hung it up (in my former office) and when I moved to my current job, it came with me.  I love looking at it...it is calming and pretty and whoever painted it is very talented (at least in my eyes).  I wish I knew who it was so I could tell them how much joy their painting has brought to me over the years.


(Just so you know, in general, I love paintings/pictures with boats)

The other piece of art is very special to me because a former co-worker painted it for me.  He is quiet talented and gave some of his original paintings to a few select co-workers and we are all lucky to have them (he has since retired - good for him!)

Most of his paintings are of mountains, forests and streams - but mine is the only one that is a bit different from his usual style.  He knew, from my other painting (above) that I like the water...so he painted this beautiful stormy lighthouse for me.  Whenever I look at it, I think of the time and love he put in this painting and of course, I think of him.

I added the frame myself.  I think the art is beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment